Why You May Need To See The Dentist More Frequently
While most of us visit the dentist twice a year for check-ups and cleanings as a preventive measure against oral diseases and infections, those of us with certain medical conditions or special circumstances should see the dentist more frequently to manage and help prevent cavities and other oral health conditions.
Who Needs To Go More Than Twice A Year?
Life is dynamic and so are you. You may need to visit the dentist biannually one year and more often the next.
If you are on the list below, you should talk to your dentist and hygienist about more frequent dental visits:
- Pregnant women
- People with Periodontal Disease
- People with dry mouth (some medications can cause xerostomia)
- People who are unable to keep up with their oral hygiene (can be due to loss of permanent or temporary loss of manual dexterity)
- People who have more buildup or who tend to get more cavities
- People with compromised immune systems
You Are Unique
You are a unique individual! Keeping your smile healthy means addressing your unique needs. We are not interested in a “one size fits all” mentality. Our practice is devoted to providing you with the best and most specialized care.
Thanks for being our valued patients and friends!
Image by Flickr user Alessandro Valli used underCreative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license. Image cropped and modified from original.
Comments are closed.